The following are changes that come with Planet Arkadia Update 2013.3. This information is provided to the extent that the IFN and ACA are at liberty to discuss at this time. Log in today and check things out for yourself, to discover how the changes affect you!
Mutated Mobs will no longer spawn in the wild
- The IFN Science Division, with help from volunteer colonists and squads from the IFN Commandos have managed to successfully cull the recent spate of Mutated Mobs. As a consequence, Mutated Mobs will now only be available with the spawning of Mutated DNA on one of the private Land Areas.
New IFN Base
- In support of current and future operations, the IFN Engineering Corps have established a new regional IFN base near the site of the old Valiant Firebase. This replaces the previous Firebase, and so the existing Valiant Firebase TP has been moved accordingly.
- Major upgrades to both the base structure as well as colony support facilities have been made, along with ample landing facilities. All colonists are advised to make themselves familiar with the new base in case of emergency.
Oil Rig Operational!
- The IFN Engineering Corps have finally managed to get the Arkadian Oil Rig working. It is now operational and pumping out a steady supply.
New Land Areas Available!
- ACA surveyors have finished their planning and land allocation fieldwork. As a result, the remaining deeds for Land Area ownership have been made available and are currently held by the Arkoin Broker at the IFN Supply Depot. If you want to own your own private piece of Arkadia, now you have your chance!
- Bill has altered the patterning of his customised and highly sought after Viceroy Armour. From now on, he will no longer be providing the special “SkullCandy” edition to people that speak to him after today. Instead, he will be offering standard Viceroy; it has the same stats, just not the blue skull on the shoulder plate.
- If you have already spoken to him regarding getting a set of the SkullCandy version, he has agreed to supply it to those people that still have the mission active.
- Bill has further agreed to accept unwanted sets of the Skullcandy version in trade for its TT value (full set only).
- In addition, you may trade in either the full set or separate pieces of the standard Viceroy in exchange for its TT value. After doing so, you may once again take Bills mission in order to get a new set or new individual pieces if you wish to search for better tiering rates.
- The ACA and IFN have organised a number of Mining missions in order to issue some challenge to the illustrious Miners of Arkadia.
- To begin with, a variety of Ores and Treasures have been initialised.
- Subsequent updates will add further Ores/Treasures/Enmatters.
- These missions will be available from the Quarry Managers Office.
New Wave Spawns
- Five (5) new wave spawns have been detected in and around the Celeste area. These spawns seem particularly suited to our less experienced colonists and as such may be utilised for lower level training and skilling. However, even low level creatures can be a handful in large numbers, so watch your back and carry plenty of ammunition!
- The locations of the Wave Spawns have been added to your map.
Smuggler Activity increase
- The IFN have expressed concern at rising levels of Smuggler activity. Items were recently stolen from an IFN storage and investigations are underway. The IFN reminds all colonists that the Smugglers are dangerous and are to be considered a threat to the stability of the colony.*********************************
- The development team have bought a fresh can of bug spray, a new swatter and a rolled-up newspaper. As a consequence, several annoying bugs have been fixed. Among these was the bug affecting the correct display of Riptor Leather Texture.
- Some armours still have a glitch causing the right eye to melt and droop down to the ground. We are hopeful of a resolution to this issue soon.
- The new Valiant Firebase has some graphical issues with how it loads. A number of changes and improvements have already been made with the upcoming mini-patch due Tuesday next week (12th November).
- Some armour parts and shops are experiencing item visibility issues.