Aakas instances reopened
Aakas instances have been reopened.
Aakas instances have been reopened.
Aakas instances will be disabled later today due to an issue with invisible mobs (Magurg male / Yarrijak).
Please do not attempt to run any Aakas instances until further notice.
The following are changes that come with Planet Arkadia Update 2013.4. This information is provided to the extent that the IFN and ACA are at liberty to discuss at this time. Log in today and check things out for yourself, to discover how the changes affect you!
New trade center at Dauntless Firebase
Oratan Red alert event system improvements
New custom shop front up in Celeste Harbour North
Bug Fixes and improvements
Location: Dehera Region, Arkadia
Date: 08 November 3010
Time: 0900hrs local
As the sun slowly made its way up from the distant horizon, Sergeant Jong watched as the last members of the training squad finished up their exercise in desert operations.
“Not bad Ben, you’ve done a pretty decent job with this bunch,” he remarked to Corporal Benjamin Rees, “Another week or two and they’ll be ready to muster out to regular units.”
“Cheers Sarg, that means a lot coming from you,” replied Rees “I’m glad too coz I could really use a break to be honest…And some time with that nice little Intern over at the Museum in CH” he grinned.
“Yeah, well don’t get too comfortable, and don’t plan anything too cosy. I’ve gone and recommended you for the next Senior NCO course starting next rotation.” Jong said with a mischievous smile.
“Oh, what did you go and do that for Sarg? I was happy being a knuckle dragger!” Rees complained half-heartedly. Jong was about to respond further when a momentary flash across the other side of the plain caught his eye.
“Hmmm?” he grunted, reaching for his binoculars. As the he scanned the distant ridge line, he felt a cold hard lump form in his gut, “Oh hell…..” he muttered
“What’s up?” asked Rees looking round at Jong’s quiet curse
“Trouble…And a lot of it” he growled. Handing the binoculars to Rees, he reached for his communicator, “India Station, this is Big Dog Zero Six. Do you read?” Jong spoke into the microphone.
“Big Dog Zero Six, this is India Station. Go ahead.” the duty officer replied.
“India, Big Dog. Multiple Oscar contacts at the following Coordinates: 10397 9611. Repeat, Multiple Oscar contacts, large numbers moving north east.”
“Roger Big Dog,” came the reply, “Be advised, we’re getting additional reports of Oscars at Coordinates: 29110 29924 and 29110 29924. Looks like something’s got ‘em spooked…..We haven’t seen this many for a while,”
“Roger India. Will avoid the areas and RTB. Big Dog Zero Six out”
Grabbing his pack, he turned to Rees and said “Wind ‘em in Corporal. We need to get out of here NOW.”
IFN HQ have been receiving reports of large groups of Oratan moving across Sentosa. Numbers such as these have not been seen in many months and Intelligence is yet to figure out how they keep bolstering their numbers so easily.
At this time, we are unable to identify the intentions of the Oratan or what may have caused them to start relocating their forces in such numbers.
Commodore Harvir has ordered all IFN ground forces mobilised and Captain Chiharo is currently overseeing the reinforcement of all regional Firebases.
The ACA is issuing a request to all willing and able colonists to make themselves available for civilian militia duties during these trying times and to act as a further bolster to the IFN forces.
Colonists from all skill levels will find themselves useful in a number of roles and areas. If you are willing to help, the ACA are willing to accommodate you.
Oratan Forces have been spotted at the following Coordinates:
Hold fast against this show of strength by the Oratan hordes.
We will not be intimidated by these wretched souls!
Yours in Unity
The Arkadian Colonial Administration
The following are changes that come with Planet Arkadia Update 2013.3. This information is provided to the extent that the IFN and ACA are at liberty to discuss at this time. Log in today and check things out for yourself, to discover how the changes affect you!
Mutated Mobs will no longer spawn in the wild
- The IFN Science Division, with help from volunteer colonists and squads from the IFN Commandos have managed to successfully cull the recent spate of Mutated Mobs. As a consequence, Mutated Mobs will now only be available with the spawning of Mutated DNA on one of the private Land Areas.
New IFN Base
- In support of current and future operations, the IFN Engineering Corps have established a new regional IFN base near the site of the old Valiant Firebase. This replaces the previous Firebase, and so the existing Valiant Firebase TP has been moved accordingly.
- Major upgrades to both the base structure as well as colony support facilities have been made, along with ample landing facilities. All colonists are advised to make themselves familiar with the new base in case of emergency.
Oil Rig Operational!
- The IFN Engineering Corps have finally managed to get the Arkadian Oil Rig working. It is now operational and pumping out a steady supply.
New Land Areas Available!
- ACA surveyors have finished their planning and land allocation fieldwork. As a result, the remaining deeds for Land Area ownership have been made available and are currently held by the Arkoin Broker at the IFN Supply Depot. If you want to own your own private piece of Arkadia, now you have your chance!
- Bill has altered the patterning of his customised and highly sought after Viceroy Armour. From now on, he will no longer be providing the special “SkullCandy” edition to people that speak to him after today. Instead, he will be offering standard Viceroy; it has the same stats, just not the blue skull on the shoulder plate.
- If you have already spoken to him regarding getting a set of the SkullCandy version, he has agreed to supply it to those people that still have the mission active.
- Bill has further agreed to accept unwanted sets of the Skullcandy version in trade for its TT value (full set only).
- In addition, you may trade in either the full set or separate pieces of the standard Viceroy in exchange for its TT value. After doing so, you may once again take Bills mission in order to get a new set or new individual pieces if you wish to search for better tiering rates.
- The ACA and IFN have organised a number of Mining missions in order to issue some challenge to the illustrious Miners of Arkadia.
- To begin with, a variety of Ores and Treasures have been initialised.
- Subsequent updates will add further Ores/Treasures/Enmatters.
- These missions will be available from the Quarry Managers Office.
New Wave Spawns
- Five (5) new wave spawns have been detected in and around the Celeste area. These spawns seem particularly suited to our less experienced colonists and as such may be utilised for lower level training and skilling. However, even low level creatures can be a handful in large numbers, so watch your back and carry plenty of ammunition!
- The locations of the Wave Spawns have been added to your map.
Smuggler Activity increase
- The IFN have expressed concern at rising levels of Smuggler activity. Items were recently stolen from an IFN storage and investigations are underway. The IFN reminds all colonists that the Smugglers are dangerous and are to be considered a threat to the stability of the colony.*********************************
- The development team have bought a fresh can of bug spray, a new swatter and a rolled-up newspaper. As a consequence, several annoying bugs have been fixed. Among these was the bug affecting the correct display of Riptor Leather Texture.
- Some armours still have a glitch causing the right eye to melt and droop down to the ground. We are hopeful of a resolution to this issue soon.
- The new Valiant Firebase has some graphical issues with how it loads. A number of changes and improvements have already been made with the upcoming mini-patch due Tuesday next week (12th November).
- Some armour parts and shops are experiencing item visibility issues.
Arkadia Studios today announced a partnership with GUNNAR Optiks to create Virtual Gaming Eyewear.
Arkadia Studios and GUNNAR Optiks have joined forces to bring a real world piece of gaming equipment to life in the virtual world. A 3D version of GUNNAR’s Vayper Onyx will be available to colonists on Planet Arkadia from today, after the release of Planet Arkadia Update 2013.1.1. Additionally, colonists will be able to purchase a certificate for the real life version directly from the Arkoin Broker.
GUNNARs are high tech computer eyewear, designed to protect, enhance and optimise your vision. They use a number of specific technologies to reduce the stress on your eyes, including FRACTYL lens geometry, DIAMIX lens material, IONIK lens tints and iFi lens coatings.
The full press release can be read here.
Part of the recently announced Arkadia Sunrise era is about promoting Planet Arkadia globally. The GUNNAR promotion represents an opportunity to do so. As such, we have created www.planetkarkadia.com/gunnar which we encourage colonists to take a look at.
How to get virtual GUNNARs
Random hunting loots across the planet will drop a limited number of virtual GUNNARs glasses over approximately the next three months, in both Male and Female versions.
How to get real life GUNNARs
A limited number of certificates will be available to purchase from the Arkoin Broker with today’s patch (Planet Arkadia Update 2013.1.1). Each certificate needs to be validated with Cyrus | Arkadia either here at Planet Arkadia Forum or in-game, contacting the avatar “Cyrus Arkadia Community Manager”.
The specific real life item is the onyx coloured model detailed here.
Additional Information from GUNNAR Optiks
You spend most of your waking hours glued to your computer screen, smart phone, tablet, or TV monitor. As the hours go by, you subject your eyes to the harsh, high intensity blue light and glare from your screen. This constant viewing of digital screens can create visual stress, eye fatigue, dry eyes, irritation, and even headaches — leading to an obvious conclusion.
Staring at a computer for long hours takes its toll on your eyes.
Add the standard 2-4+ hours a day gaming and your reality is complete and total visual burnout.
GUNNAR Optiks Advanced Gaming Eyewear is a technical eyewear solution that helps protect, enhance, and optimize your vision.
Whether you are gaming for long hours or working on the computer, GUNNAR eyewear helps minimize eye fatigue and visual stress while improving contrast, comfort, and focus.
GUNNAR Advanced Gaming Eyewear also creates a more comfortable and rich visual experience for the avid gamer, improving visual efficiency, endurance, and recovery.
GUNNARS Are Prescription Compatible:
Our prescription lens program is supported and administered by Carl Zeiss Vision, the worldwide leader in precision optics for the last 160 years.
As the the new era of Arkadian Sunrise begins, a number of changes have been implemented in today’s patch.
- Further clothing optimisations have been made, and continue to be made.
- Inventory icons for ACA-AS Civilian Uniform Cap range and IFN Combat Uniform Cap range are now visible.
- Ark Urban clothing set has been redesigned and optimised and continues to be available from the Arkoin Broker.
- As per the promotion detailed here, certificates for real life GUNNAR gaming eyewear can now be purchased from the Arkoin Broker, to be shipped to your address.
- As per the promotion detailed here, virtual GUNNAR gaming eyewear can now be looted.
- The sliding doors on the residence at Arkadia Land Area 1 now function correctly.
- Carabok have returned to the Firebase Academies.
- The icon for Riptor Leather Texture is showing as white.
In the most important version update since the launch of the game, Planet Arkadia today implements a number of long-awaited systems which will have a significant impact on the Arkadian experience. For this reason, today, 13/03/13, marks the beginning of a new chapter in the history of Planet Arkadia.
Accordingly, Arkadia Studios will now begin execution of the largest-scale marketing plan Entropia Universe has ever seen.
A new era has dawned. Arkadia is ready. Are you?
A brief snapshot of the in-game highlights of Arkadian Sunrise:
- Mining Amps!
- Arkoin Brokers!
- Desert Island Land Area for sale!
- Golden Instance Live!
- Global Ad system!
- Event areas incl PvP!
- New Herman Weapons!
…and much more!!!
- Mining Amps – three new “Athena” Terra Amps are now available as follows:
- Terra Amp I ‘Athena’ (L)
- Max TT Value: 64 PED
- Minimum skill requirement: 4
- Decay: 0.40000 PED per use
- Mining Skill Increase: 4%
- Terra Amp IV ‘Athena’ (L)
- Max TT Value: 134 PED
- Minimum skill requirement: 10
- Decay: 1.20000 PED per use
- Mining Skill Increase: 4%
- Terra Amp VI ‘Athena’ (L)
- Max TT Value: 188 PED
- Minimum skill requirement: 14
- Decay: 2.60000 PED per use
- Mining Skill Increase: 8%
- Arkoin Brokers – the wait is over. Today a single Arkoin Broker has been placed near the brand new IFN Supply Depot Teleporter, to replace the brokers previously located in various buildings throughout the Supply Depot. The new single broker functions in a similar manner to a Trade Terminal, so that all Arkoin items can be purchased from one location. Happy shopping!
- Golden Door – it is now possible to enter the Arkadian Golden Door, provided the brave colonist is in possession of an Arkadian Golden Key. Treasure Hunting with weapons!
- Land For Sale – desert islands introduced! Through some recent land reclamation, the Arkadian Colonial Administration has made available two beautiful new private estates off the south-west coast of Sentosa. The first of these is currently for sale from the Arkoin Broker for 15,000,000 (Fifteen Million) Arkoins. Please see this announcement for more details.
- DNA – it is now possible to acquire DNA parts for many Arkadian creatures. These DNA parts can be refined into DNA samples, which can in turn be used by a Land Area owner to spawn the relevant creature on the Land Area. This DNA includes some creatures that can currently only be found in instances.
- Global Ads – the global advertising system has been implemented across Sentosa. Every ad screen doubles as a terminal for colonist convenience. Now budding entrepreneurs can more easily promote their businesses.
- Event Areas – five new event areas have been added across Sentosa, including a PvP (player vs player) area, ready for colonists to explore and discover.
- Herman Range Completion – The entire Herman Industries weapon range has received an upgrade including 20 new weapons and some renamed existing weapons, as previously announced here, where you can find more information.
- TEN Edition – it is now possible to loot TEN Edition items, in celebration of the tenth anniversary of Entropia Universe.
- Visual Enhancements – a number of upgrades have been made to the environment to improve playability as follows:
- Firebases now have identifying signage above each main entrance.
- Signs have been added to convenient roadside locations directing colonists to nearby Firebases and Digsites.
- The No Vehicle Zone at Celeste Quarry has been approved after the trial period previously discussed here, and No Vehicles Allowed signage has been added near the boundaries of the area.
- A map marker has been added for the area where new colonists arrive on Arkadia.
- Map markers have been added for all Oratan wave spawn areas.
- Various terrain and vegetation enhancements have been made across the continent
- Firebase defences have been upgraded
- Optimisation improvements have been made, which are expected to reduce lag at Celeste Harbour and Celeste Quarry.
- Many of the clothing bugs that followed the recent avatar update have been ironed out. However, some still remain, and some will be smoothed out in the upcoming patch.
- Inventory icons for ACA-AS Civilian Uniform Cap range and IFN Combat Uniform Cap range still don’t work.
dutch fluske mooren (87 Points)
Chronicle Harness TEN Edition (F) + Armor Plating Mark. 10B (L) TEN Edition
Chuck CrazyBuck Buck (85 Points)
Chronicle Arm Guards (M) TEN Edition
Miguel Garco Gracio (76 Points)
Chronicle Shin Guards (F) TEN Edition
Girts Smilgs Niedra (70 Points)
Chronicle Foot Guards (M) TEN Edition
Grimyth Salty qq (62 Points)
Armor Plating Mark. 10B TEN Edition
efreet efreet efreet (60 Points)
Arsonistic Chip III TEN Edition
Helene Helena Fra (24 Points)
Paladin Harness (F) TEN Edition
Neil Greenleaf Stockton (20 Points)
Paladin Arm Guards (M) TEN Edition
Snake Slither Hellfire (18 Points)
Paladin Shin Guards (F) TEN Edition
Christer toad Johansson (17 Points)
Paladin Foot Guards (M) TEN Edition
Congratulations to the above hard-working triathletes! But there were also five random winners of a Nano-Chip 3-Pack. Here they are!
Random 1: James MiniMe Bond (12 Points)
Random 2: Honey Kitten Little (2 Points)
Random 3: Vintage Yquem Port (14 Points)
Random 4: Leonarda Leona DaVinci (7 points)
Random 5: Azamat Azub Azumaar (2 Points)
If you haven’t won anything yet, don’t worry. There will be more TEN Edition events coming this year, each with different event formats, so do watch out for them!
Congratulations again to all participants. Triathlon has been good event experience for us all!
For more information about this competition, please see the original announcement here.
In the light of recent adjustments to the skill requirements for each of its ARK, ASI, CAP and LAW firearms, Herman Industries has taken the time to reassess how its range of equipment fits with the playing styles and skill levels of the colonists of Arkadia.
Historically, Herman has endeavoured to make the task of choosing the right weapon as simple as can be for its customers. For this reason, Herman has always included a number in its weapon naming that reflects the minimum required skill level.
Swift and constructive colonist feedback has brought two issues to Herman’s attention after the recent changes to minimum skill requirements for the various firearms:
After considering the above issues, Herman has decided to make a number of additions and adjustments to the ARK, ASI, CAP, LAW range of weapons.
Note that no weapon stats will change. Changes to existing weapons are cosmetic only.
Effective with the next Planet Partner Update 2013.1, the following changes will occur:
Following is a list of the entire ARK, ASI, CAP and LAW ranges as of the next Planet Partner Update 2013.1, showing the existing and new names.
All NEW weapons are listed in bold.
|EXISTING NAME||NEW NAME|
|Arkadia Rifle Kit (ARK)|
|Herman ARK-8 R||Herman ARK-TT R|
|Herman ARK-10 (L)
Herman ARK-20 (L)
Herman ARK-30 (L)
Herman ARK-40 (L)
Herman ARK-50 (L)
|Herman ARK-0 (L)
Herman ARK-11 (L)
Herman ARK-16 (L)
Herman ARK-27 (L)
Herman ARK-41 (L)
Herman ARK-46 (L)
Herman ARK-65 (L)
|Herman ARK-10 Desert (L)
Herman ARK-20 Desert (L)
Herman ARK-30 Desert (L)
Herman ARK-40 Desert (L)
Herman ARK-50 Desert (L)
|Herman ARK-5 Desert (L)
Herman ARK-21 Desert (L)
Herman ARK-31 Desert (L)
Herman ARK-34 Desert (L)
Herman ARK-54 Desert (L)
Herman ARK-70 Desert (L)
|Herman ARK-10 Jungle (L)
Herman ARK-20 Jungle (L)
Herman ARK-30 Jungle (L)
Herman ARK-40 Jungle (L)
Herman ARK-50 Jungle (L)
|Herman ARK-6 Jungle (L)
Herman ARK-23 Jungle (L)
Herman ARK-38 Jungle (L)
Herman ARK-55 Jungle (L)
Herman ARK-60 Jungle (L)
Herman ARK-77 Jungle (L)
|Herman ARK-10 Arctic (L)
Herman ARK-20 Arctic (L)
Herman ARK-30 Arctic (L)
Herman ARK-40 Arctic (L)
Herman ARK-50 Arctic (L)
|Herman ARK-6 Arctic (L)
Herman ARK-22 Arctic (L)
Herman ARK-36 Arctic (L)
Herman ARK-50 Arctic (L)
Herman ARK-75 Arctic (L)
|Arkadia Standard Issue (ASI)|
|Herman ASI-8 R||Herman ASI-TT R|
|Herman ASI-10 (L)
Herman ASI-20 (L)
Herman ASI-30 (L)
Herman ASI-40 (L)
Herman ASI-50 (L)
|Herman ASI-0 (L)
Herman ASI-11 (L)
Herman ASI-24 (L)
Herman ASI-37 (L)
Herman ASI-63 (L)
|Herman ASI-10 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-20 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-30 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-40 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-50 Desert (L)
|Herman ASI-7 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-21 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-32 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-42 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-48 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-53 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-58 Desert (L)
Herman ASI-70 Desert (L)
|Herman ASI-10 Jungle (L)
Herman ASI-20 Jungle (L)
Herman ASI-30 Jungle (L)
Herman ASI-40 Jungle (L)
Herman ASI-50 Jungle (L)
|Herman ASI-7 Jungle (L)
Herman ASI-21 Jungle (L)
Herman ASI-33 Jungle (L)
Herman ASI-44 Jungle (L)
Herman ASI-72 Jungle (L)
Herman ASI-10 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-20 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-30 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-40 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-50 Arctic (L)
|Herman ASI-5 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-7 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-16 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-21 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-27 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-33 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-44 Arctic (L)
Herman ASI-72 Arctic (L)
|Combat Assault Pistol (CAP)|
|Herman CAP-99 R||Herman CAP-TT R|
Herman CAP-202 (L)
Herman CAP-303 (L)
Herman CAP-404 (L)
Herman CAP-505 (L)
|Herman CAP-0 (L)
Herman CAP-12 (L)
Herman CAP-35 (L)
Herman CAP-37 (L)
Herman CAP-48 (L)
Herman CAP-52 (L)
Herman CAP-56 (L)
Herman CAP-101 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-202 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-303 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-404 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-505 Desert (L)
|Herman CAP-4 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-7 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-20 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-32 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-40 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-43 Desert (L)
Herman CAP-62 Desert (L)
|Herman CAP-101 Jungle (L)
Herman CAP-202 Jungle (L)
Herman CAP-303 Jungle (L)
Herman CAP-404 Jungle (L)
Herman CAP-505 Jungle (L)
|Herman CAP-7 Jungle (L)
Herman CAP-21 Jungle (L)
Herman CAP-34 Jungle (L)
Herman CAP-45 Jungle (L)
Herman CAP-64 Jungle (L)
|Herman CAP-101 Arctic (L)
Herman CAP-202 Arctic (L)
Herman CAP-303 Arctic (L)
Herman CAP-404 Arctic (L)
Herman CAP-505 Arctic (L)
|Herman CAP-7 Arctic (L)
Herman CAP-22 Arctic (L)
Herman CAP-28 Arctic (L)
Herman CAP-33 Arctic (L)
Herman CAP-44 Arctic (L)
Herman CAP-65 Arctic (L)
|Laser Assault Weapon (LAW)|
|Herman LAW-99 R||Herman LAW-TT R|
|Herman LAW-101 (L)
Herman LAW-202 (L)
Herman LAW-303 (L)
Herman LAW-404 (L)
Herman LAW-505 (L)
|Herman LAW-0 (L)
Herman LAW-10 (L)
Herman LAW-13 (L)
Herman LAW-27 (L)
Herman LAW-32 (L)
Herman LAW-50 (L)
Herman LAW-66 (L)
|Herman LAW-101 Desert (L)
Herman LAW-202 Desert (L)
Herman LAW-303 Desert (L)
Herman LAW-404 Desert (L)
Herman LAW-505 Desert (L)
|Herman LAW-5 Desert (L)
Herman LAW-21 Desert (L)
Herman LAW-42 Desert (L)
Herman LAW-56 Desert (L)
Herman LAW-71 Desert (L)
|Herman LAW-101 Jungle (L)
Herman LAW-202 Jungle (L)
Herman LAW-303 Jungle (L)
Herman LAW-404 Jungle (L)
Herman LAW-505 Jungle (L)
|Herman LAW-6 Jungle (L)
Herman LAW-23 Jungle (L)
Herman LAW-46 Jungle (L)
Herman LAW-51 Jungle (L)
Herman LAW-60 Jungle (L)
Herman LAW-77 Jungle (L)
|Herman LAW-101 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-202 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-303 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-404 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-505 Arctic (L)
|Herman LAW-5 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-16 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-22 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-37 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-44 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-58 Arctic (L)
Herman LAW-75 Arctic (L)
For consistency, Smuggler CAP and LAW weapons will also have the final digit dropped from their number. So 101, 202, 303, 404 and 505 are changed to 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 respectively.
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!